Contact Us Today!
Hardwood Floor Refinishing in Raleigh, NC
Refreshing the Look of Your Hardwood Floors Throughout the Triangle
Are your hardwood floors looking dull and worn out? Are you considering replacing them, but dreading the cost? If so, then look no further – A1 Floors in Raleigh can help! We specialize in hardwood floor refinishing services that will restore your existing floors to their original beauty. With our expertise and attention to detail, we guarantee you'll be satisfied with the results of our work.
At A1 Floors, we take the time to thoroughly inspect your hardwood floors and discuss with you the best refinishing methods for restoring them. We understand that every floor is unique, and requires special care to ensure a quality finish. Our skilled professionals have years of experience in refinishing and restoring floors throughout the Triangle area, so you can trust us to do an outstanding job!
So why wait? Give your home a makeover today by calling (919) 689-4433 or filling out our online form to schedule a free in-home in-home estimate. Let A1 Floors help transform the look of your hardwood floors – you won't be disappointed!
Benefits of Hardwood Refinishing
Refinishing hardwood floors is one of the easiest and most cost-effective ways to drastically improve the look and feel of your home. Not only will it give your space a fresh new look, but refinishing also has many other benefits that make it an attractive option for homeowners.
Here are some of the top advantages of hardwood floor refinishing:
- Increased durability: Professional hardwood floor refinishing can help improve the longevity of your floors, protecting them from everyday wear and tear.
- Better moisture resistance: Refinishing will provide an extra layer of protection against moisture, keeping your floors looking great for years to come.
- Enhanced aesthetics: Refinished hardwood floors often look better than new, giving your home a beautiful natural glow that’s sure to impress guests!
- Improved safety: Slippery or warped wood floors can be dangerous – refinishing helps make them safer by restoring their texture and stability.
- Lower maintenance costs: With regular maintenance and care, professionally refinished hardwood floors are less likely to require major repairs in the future saving you time and money!
Will be using them again in the future!- Melissa Z.
I was very impressed with the overall service!- Amy V.
Owners were responsive, respectful, and took pride in their work!- Sarah S.
I couldn't be more pleased with the quality of product and service!- Chris S.
Their communication was thorough and clear!- Derek T.
A-1 was very professional and the install was seamless!- Matthew S.
Their motto is to exceed expectations from consultation to installation and they certainly did!- K Wilshire.
The workers did a beautiful job installing our floors!- Lauren F.
Our Hardwood Finishing Process
Refinishing hardwood floors can seem like a daunting task, but it doesn’t have to be. At A1 Floors in Raleigh, we understand that there is a right way and a wrong way to refinish hardwood floors – and our professionals know how to do it right! We use a tried and true process that yields outstanding results every time. Our experienced team will inspect your flooring carefully before deciding on the best solution for each situation.
Some of the steps we take to refinish hardwood floors include:
- Cleaning and degreasing: Hardwood flooring gets high usage on a daily basis. From spills, pets, and everyday traffic, gunk and other things build up on your hardwood floors. Before the refinishing process begins, it is crucial that the floors are cleaned and degreased during the preparation phase. We start by cleaning the surface of the floor with a degreaser to remove any dirt, dust, or debris. This ensures that we have a clean surface to work on for maximum results.
- Sanding: After the initial cleaning is done, we will sand down your hardwood floors to create an even and smooth finish. Before your hardwood floors get a new coat of stain and finish applied, they need to be stripped of the previous protective coat and stained coloring. Most solid hardwood floors can go through 6-8 sanding phases before they need to be replaced. Our experienced team knows how to use specific grits and techniques to get just the right result.
- Staining or painting: Next up is staining or painting – this step helps give your floors a beautiful new look that can be tailored according to your preferences. There are a tremendous amount of options for staining hardwood floors. Speak with one of our flooring experts today to discuss your color options for resurfacing hardwood floors. Whether you prefer a classic natural wood look or want something bright and vibrant, our team has got you covered!
- Sealing with protective coating: Finally, we seal off all of our work with protective coating which adds extra protection against wear and tear as well as moisture damage from spills or humidity levels in your home. With this layer of protection added on top of everything else, you can enjoy years of beautiful hardwood flooring without worry! Whether you’re looking for a shiny gloss finish or a subtle satin tone, our hardwood flooring resurfacing experts will be able to deliver the look and feel at an affordable price for you.